Lay back and think about that sunny day
With a vast crowd that piled along the way
Lay back, recall how it feels
Not at ease, singeing your heels
When that cloudy sky came to my stare
Too soon before I could prepare
Lay back, recall the crowd dispersed in haste
Feeling breathless, at vain, and in waste
I never want to be in that place again
Where I cannot withstand such pain
Lay back and think of the selected few
All along the way right before you
They’d rather die
Than to ever make you cry
The faulty fail to spot what’s true
And misses on the selected few
Lay back, let it settle, recall your deed
A selected few of the crowd are all you need
Wessam El Beih, July 2010
With a vast crowd that piled along the way
Lay back, recall how it feels
Not at ease, singeing your heels
When that cloudy sky came to my stare
Too soon before I could prepare
Lay back, recall the crowd dispersed in haste
Feeling breathless, at vain, and in waste
I never want to be in that place again
Where I cannot withstand such pain
Lay back and think of the selected few
All along the way right before you
They’d rather die
Than to ever make you cry
The faulty fail to spot what’s true
And misses on the selected few
Lay back, let it settle, recall your deed
A selected few of the crowd are all you need
Wessam El Beih, July 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment